With the winter season upon us, Utilities Kingston is providing some important safety reminders about your gas, water and electrical services. If you have a concern about your utilities, and you are located in our service area, please call our 24-hour line at 613-546-1181.
Our website offers information on how you can safely follow these eight tips:
- Keep gas and electrical meters clear
- Keep outside exhaust vents cleared
- Keep hydrants visible
- Prevent water from freezing around outside electrical lines
- Protect water lines from freezing
- Report gas smells or “hissing”
- Install and obey carbon monoxide (CO) alarms
- Know what to do in the event of a winter storm - with information on power outages, and basement flooding
For more information on keeping your home and family safe, visit our page on Winter Safety.