Careers at Utilities Kingston
Utilities Kingston operates multiple utilities through a single service structure, allowing us to deliver cost savings and customer service excellence. We’re unique in Ontario, combining water, wastewater, gas and electrical services, and broadband fibre optics in one company.
Trusted by customers to deliver reliable utilities for more than 150 years, employees are proud to provide personal, responsive services. Learn more about Utilities Kingston or watch our video Committed to Service Excellence.
The multi-utility structure provides for broad employee development opportunities, allowing us to develop in-house expertise, as well as attract highly skilled talent to the organization. Our employees tell us that the diversity of the work keeps their career challenging and rewarding.
If you are looking for a job with Utilities Kingston, you can apply for a position using our automated recruiting management system.
How to view jobs and apply
- Visit Career Opportunities for a list of openings. You will be redirected to an external site.
- Select the job title to view the full job description.
- If you are interested in applying, select “Apply for this job” at the bottom of the screen.
- You will then be prompted to create a user profile (an email address will be required to create a profile) or sign into an existing profile.
- When you upload a copy of your resume, information from your resume will fill in basic fields such as name and address.
- Once a profile is created, you can log in anytime to see the status of your application(s), update your information, apply for other positions, add skills and any additional supporting documents.
- Your resume or application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements of the position. We thank all of those who apply; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Utilities Kingston no longer accepts applicants for positions in person, via fax, email or post.
Your information will be collected and handled in accordance with the Personal Information and Protection Electronics Act (PIPEDA) and the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA). Your privacy is important to us.
Utilities Kingston is committed to accessible employment practices. If you require an accommodation to fully participate in the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 613-546-0000.
Want to know more?
Watch these videos to learn what’s involved in some of the positions at Utilities Kingston and how our employees contribute to the community by providing local services you can rely on.