Utilities Kingston and Kingston Hydro aim to reduce the environmental impact of providing utility services. These efforts improve environmental stewardship, delay the need for expensive expansions to utility infrastructure and help our customers save water, energy and money.
Provincial changes relating to conservation programs: On Thursday, March 21, the Ministry of Energy, Northern Development and Mines announced significant changes impacting Ontario’s electricity industry. The ministry has directed the Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO) to discontinue the 2015-2020 Conservation First Framework and establish a scaled down Interim Framework for the balance of 2019 and 2020, delivered centrally by the IESO with continued funding from electricity rates. Learn what these changes to conservation programs mean to our customers.
- Visit the Save On Energy website for information about conservation programs.
- For almost one-hundred tips to conserve your use of water, gas, and electricity, visit our Conservation Tips page.
- Manage costs by shifting electricity use to off-peak periods – visit
the MyUtilities Customer Portal.
- Check out Kilowatt Way – a website from the Independent Electricity System Operator. You’ll learn how to cut back on energy use in your home. Just answer four simple questions about your home to reveal how you use electricity and learn ways to become more energy efficient.
- Looking for ways to make your home more energy efficient? Sign up at the new AffordAbilityFund.org and you may receive FREE energy-saving products, appliances and more.