Ontario Electricity Support Program is Accepting Applications
The Ontario Energy Board (OEB) is helping make electricity more affordable for low-income households. The Ontario Electricity Support Program, or OESP, provides ongoing assistance directly on the bills of eligible low-income electricity consumers.
Electricity customers from lower income households are encouraged to apply online at OntarioElectricitySupport.ca. Tips for Utilities Kingston customers:
- You'll be prompted to select your utility provider. Please select KINGSTON HYDRO CORPORATION.
- Name - needs to be exactly as shown on our utility bill (last name, first name).
- Service address – needs to match exactly as shown on your utility bill (a sample is provided with the online application form).
To complete the application, customers will need:
- Electricity bill account number, service address, and account holder details.
- Birthdates and names of all residents in the home.
- Social Insurance Numbers, Individual Tax Numbers, or temporary taxation numbers for residents over the age of 18.
- Access to a computer and printer. Kingston Frontenac Public Library provides both printers and computers for public use.
Contact a designated agency
If the customer has not filed an income tax return recently, or if their situation has changed since they last filed, there are agencies throughout the province that can help with the application. In the Kingston Hydro service area, customers can contact Kingston Community Health Centres at 613-542-2949, extension 2143. Leave a message and a representative will return your call within 48 business hours to book an appointment.
The Ontario Native Welfare Administrators’ Association (ONWAA) is also available to assist First Nations or Métis households with their applications. First Nations or Métis households can contact ONWAA at 1-844-885-3157 or email email@example.com to confirm their availability.
For more information and to apply
Please visit OntarioElectricitySupport.ca or call 1-855-831-8151 (toll free within Ontario).