Utilities Kingston invites homeowners to participate in a free workshop to help them manage excess water on their property, prevent basement flooding and comply with the City of Kingston’s Sewer Use Bylaw. New this year, Utilities Kingston is offering an enhanced option for
Have standing water on your property? Notice your sump pump running frequently? The Everything Drainage Workshop is for you. It’s also for homeowners who would like to make every raindrop count to conserve tap water.
You will learn:
- Home Drainage 101
- Simple, do-it-yourself drainage solutions
- About the Preventative Plumbing Program – the popular financial assistance program to help homeowners install plumbing measures that reduce the risk of sewage back-ups and basement flooding
- How to manage standing or excess water using landscaping and rain-scaping techniques
The enhanced option is longer (three hours, instead of two) and offers more detailed information about managing surface and
The two- or three-hour workshops, offered at the times below, takes place at 85 Lappan’s Lane. Meet at the front doors to enter the building for the workshop. Events will be held on the following dates:
- Wednesday, July 25 from 6 p.m. – 9 p.m. (enhanced workshop)
- Saturday, July 28 from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 1 from 6 p.m. – 9 p.m. (enhanced workshop)
- Wednesday, August 8 from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. (this replaces the workshop previously planned for July 4)
To register, use our quick and easy-to-use online form, or call 613-546-0000 and say ‘conservation’.
Want more information? Check out the following pages on our website for, water-smart gardening, sustainable and organic gardening, and for information related to basement flooding and the Preventative Plumbing Program.