On October 17, Kingston City Council approved the implementation of the following charges in Section 15, Bulk Water Usage Charge and Section 19, Wastewater Disposal (Septage) of Schedule A to By-Law Number 2012-22 (as amended by By-Law 2023-67), A By-Law to Impose Miscellaneous Charges and Appliance Rental Rates (Utilities Kingston):
- Bulk water usage charge: $3.73/m3
- Wastewater disposal (septage), non-industrial waste: $20.00/m3
- Wastewater disposal (septage), industrial waste: $26.07/ m3
These charges are effective January 1, 2024.
The approved charges are in line with competitive rates from a neighbouring municipality; as well as the cost to provide the bulk water service and move toward cost recovery to provide septage receiving services.
For more information, review the Report Number 23-227, which provides the following additional details:
- Cost of service methodology
- Summary of existing, approved and cost-to-serve charges
- Recommendations and next steps
For additional inquiries, customer service can be reached at 613-546-1181, Monday to Friday from 8 AM to 4:30 PM.