Utilities Kingston has awarded the 2018 contract for water main relining to Fer-Pal Construction Ltd. Work is expected to start at mid-August, with completion by the end of November.
Relining water main allows us to rehabilitate
The 2018 program involves relining approximately 3,750 metres of water main, primarily in the residential area of Strathcona Park:
- Jane Avenue (Avenue Rd - Kings Gate Pl)
- Elizabeth Avenue (Avenue Rd - Jane Ave)
- McMahon Avenue (Glencoe Cres - McMichael St)
- Westmoreland Road (McMahon Ave - Glengarry Rd)
- McMichael Street (McMahon Ave - Indian Rd)
- Gretna Green (Portsmouth Ave easterly to the end of the Cul-de-sac)
- Mohawk Place (Portsmouth Ave - Indian Rd)
- Champlain Avenue (Portsmouth Ave - Indian Rd)
- Algonquin Terrace (Champlain Ave southerly to end of the Cul-de-sac)
- Indian Road (south Cul-de-sac northerly to John Counter Blvd)
- Stormont Avenue (McMichael St northerly to the end of the Cul-de-sac)
During the Relining program, we will also be constructing some associated water main “Loops” to improve hydraulic flows in the system.
- New water main loop connection from Gretna Green to Indian Road through the existing pathway.
- New water main loop connection from Stormont Avenue Cul-de-sac to Westmoreland Road through O'Connor Park.
WATCH FOR NOTICE OF UPCOMING WORK
Residents in the areas listed above should watch for notices of upcoming work from Fer-Pal. This company has been contracted by Utilities Kingston to reline water mains and replace
The notices will be delivered at least 48 hours before work is set to begin and will include details on what to expect.
WHAT TO EXPECT IF WORK IS TAKING PLACE IN YOUR AREA
- Your house will be hooked up to a temporary potable water supply system. You are not billed for the water you use while hooked up to the temporary supply, but the monthly service charge remains in effect.
- Water main relining may result in water service issues such as reduced pressure and increased water temperature. Our apologies for the inconvenience. If your water is warm, run your tap until the water is cold. If the issue doesn’t improve, contact us as described below.
- Utilities Kingston and contractor staff always carry identification. Homeowners should always ask to see it.
- Utilities Kingston will require connection to an exterior hose bib (or other connection).
- If your water meter is reaching the end of its life, it will be replaced.
- Minor traffic interruptions should be anticipated around access pits and where work is being conducted.
If you are in the 2018 relining area and have concerns about the project or your water service:
Monday-Friday, from 7 AM to 5 PM, contact Fer-Pal at 416-742-3713.
Outside of these hours, contact Utilities Kingston at 613-546-1181.
For further information, contact customer service, Monday to Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., at 613-546-0000. Watch for updates on this work on the water main relining projects page