Utilities Kingston is warning customers to be aware of callers requesting banking or other personal information. We've received several reports from concerned customers.
If you receive a suspicious call:
- Do not provide any personal information, including banking information, or Utilities Kingston or credit card account numbers.
- Collect any information possible about the caller.
- Report the incident to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre at 1-888-495-8501. This agency collects information on fraud and works closely with police to solve these crimes.
- If you become a victim of fraud through monetary loss, call Kingston Police at 613-549-4660.
- Remember, you have the right to refuse access to your home, and to ask sales people to leave your property. If they don’t, then contact police.
If you receive a suspicious phone call regarding your utility services, hang up and call to let us know. A customer service representative is available Monday to Friday from 8 AM to 5 PM by calling 613-546-0000. Learn more about consumer awareness.