Today, we celebrate the beginning of Pride Month. Pride is an opportunity to join important conversations, celebrate diversity, and show our support for the continued fight against hate and discrimination.
Our employees are participating in Pride Month, which promotes dignity, equality, and the increased visibility of lesbian, gay, bisexual, queer, and transgender people through celebration.
There are many ways we can show our support for the 2SLGBTQ+ community:
- Learn more about 2SLGBTQ+ identities, communities, history, continued persecution and oppression.
- Participate in the Kingston public events of Pride Month.
- Continue to look forward to positive change.
- Find ways to address 2SLGBTQ+ stereotypes and misconceptions.
- Avoid perpetuating stereotypes in conversations or observations.
- Encourage others around us to be accepting and respectful.
During the month of June, stand with the 2SLGBTQ+ community and listen with open ears and hearts to 2SLGBTQ+ stories about love, acceptance, community, and the continuing fight for equality. Hold space for members of the 2SLGBTQ+ community and remember that 2SLGBTQ+ rights are human rights.
Everyone is welcome here at Utilities Kingston!