Utilities Kingston is mailing Powerful Insights TM reports to 5,800 customers to help them identify how to improve energy efficiency– and save money.
The reports are being issued to households that have a high likelihood of electrical heat sources or natural gas heating, as well as households that could benefit from energy-saving tips. Utilities Kingston’s electricity or natural gas customers who would like to get reports, but don’t receive a mailing by April, can register here.
Our goal is to help customers find ways to reduce their electricity and natural gas use by offering them clear information about their consumption.
This Powerful Insights program was piloted in 2015, resulting in a two
The Powerful Insights reports offer:
- A comparison of a customer’s household’s energy use to homes of similar size and heating source.
- Calculated estimates of how much energy is being used by a customer’s heating and cooling equipment, appliances, lights and electronics.
- Suggestions, tailored to individual households, for actions customers can take to save energy, water and money while reducing our community’s impact on the environment.
Visit our Powerful Insights website for the following:
- Find answers to frequently asked questions.
- Ask a question or offer feedback to help improve the reports.
- Update your home profile to receive more detailed comparisons.
- Find new conservation tips each month.
- Register to receive Powerful Insights reports for their household, or opt out of the program.
Customers who’d like assistance with their reports, or anyone interested in learning about ways to be more water- and energy-efficient can call 613-546-0000 and say ‘conservation’.