Private locates: locating services for privately-owned infrastructure
Why choose Utilities Kingston for your locating needs?
Safe, accurate and local: Utilities Kingston is an industry leader, recognized for safety excellence. Our multi-utility model is unique in Ontario, combining water, wastewater, gas and electrical services and a broadband fibre optics provider in one company.
Our certified damage prevention technicians are familiar with local municipal infrastructure. Our experience, technical knowledge, and the latest radio detection technology make us a reliable choice for all your locating needs.
We provide fast and reliable service. Our multi-utility model positions us to be experts in locating all utility services including water, sewer, gas, electric, and fibre optics with one call and one appointment.
How it works:
- Contact Ontario One Call ‘before you dig’. Call or click at 1-800-400-2255. You will receive an Ontario One Call locate request ticket number, and we will locate and mark municipally-owned infrastructure for free.
- Once you have this ticket number, contact Utilities Kingston to arrange for privately-owned infrastructure locating services. You can use the convenient request form below, or call 613-546-1181, extension 2194. Have your Ontario One Call locate request ticket number, site information, invoice information, and description of work available.
- Gather available documentation, including any maps and drawings of the infrastructure to be located.
- A Utilities Kingston locator will meet you on site and review the available records.
- Where possible, we will locate pipes and cables with radio detection equipment. Other techniques
will be used when radio detection equipment cannot be.
- We will provide you with an easy-to-read sketch, measurements or a survey-grade GPS file of your buried infrastructure (if requested).
An hourly fee applies. We will provide a quote after receiving your request and supporting documentation.
Request a private commercial or industrial locate
- All fields marked with an * must be completed.
- Clarification will be provided immediately after any field with invalid or incomplete input.