Take control of water costs for your business!
Our incentive program will help improve your company's water efficiency and reduce your costs. Are you upgrading to water-wise fixtures or equipment? Improve your return on investment with our Water Efficiency Retrofit Incentive Program.
Our incentives can reimburse up to twenty per cent of your project costs, for qualifying customers. All projects must be pre-approved by Utilities Kingston before project work begins.
- Offers a financial incentive of $5 per cubic metre of annual permanent combined water and sewer savings, up to a cap of 20 per cent of eligible project costs.
- Projects that can apply for custom incentives include institutional toilet replacement projects, retrofits of heavily-used commercial laundry or commercial kitchen equipment, or any other projects that permanently reduce water consumption and sewer discharges.
- Projects that save more than 80 cubic metres per year are eligible for the program.
- The project proponent must submit documentation demonstrating base-case water consumption and discharges, the proposed water conservation measures, calculations showing how much water the proposed measures will save, and digital photographs of existing equipment.
- Pre-project inspection and consultation with Utilities Kingston staff are required.
- All projects must be pre-approved by Utilities Kingston before project work begins.
- For qualifying social housing providers, the incentive cap is 50 per cent of qualifying project costs.
- Once work is completed on pre-approved projects and the proponent has submitted required receipts for new equipment, project labour and disposal of old equipment, Utilities Kingston will inspect the completed project and process rebate amounts.
Application and contact
Email us for an electronic copy of the application form.
We look forward to helping you improve the water efficiency of your business. Contact a Utilities Kingston energy expert by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 613-546-0000 and saying “Conservation”.
You may also be interested in the Toilet Replacement Rebate Program, assisting commercial and multi-residential properties, landlords and tenants with upgrading to more efficient toilets.