Residential retrofit program: apply for a low-flush toilet credit
This program is for residential customers who receive water services from Utilities Kingston. Commercial customers can visit our toilet replacement rebate page.
To help customers reduce water and sewer use, Utilities Kingston is offering a $30 bill credit on the purchase and installation of low-flush toilets to residential water customers. Customers can upgrade every eligible toilet in their home.
How it works
- You must receive residential water services from Utilities Kingston.
- This program is for low-flush toilets purchased and installed on or after August 2, 2022.
- Buy and install a low-flush toilet (maximum of 4.8 litres per flush), to retrofit an existing low-efficiency toilet.
- Complete the online application and send proof of payment to Utilities Kingston.
- If you are eligible, Utilities Kingston will apply a credit of $30 to your utility account, for each toilet you upgrade in your home.
- Funding is limited and eligible applications will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
Subject to additional terms and conditions.
Our program manager will review all applications as they are received, and will follow up if additional clarification is required.
Before you apply
The model you purchase must meet the below technical and compatibility requirements. Please ensure this before submitting your application. We are happy to help clarify! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
The low-flush toilet must use no more than 4.8 litres per flush and can be either single- or dual-flush.
Low-flush toilet rebate participant agreement
Terms and conditions
By submitting your information and receipt, you agree that the following terms and conditions have been met:
- You currently have a residential water account with Utilities Kingston (i.e., commercial accounts are not eligible), for the home where the low-flush toilet is being installed, to retrofit an existing low-efficiency toilet. The account holder must be the one to apply.
- You own or occupy the home where the toilet will be installed; however, if the home is rented or leased, you must have the required rights and authority to have the toilet installed.
- You have not previously received a low-flush toilet in respect of the home where the low-flush toilet will be installed.
- Building owners/managers will not use the toilet as a basis for applying to the Landlord and Tenant Board for the purposes of an increase in the annual rent amounts paid by tenants, above the annual rent-increase guideline permitted under the Residential Tenancy Act.
The sole eligible cost is the cost of the toilet; no installation costs are eligible.
- Utilities Kingston will not be liable for any direct, indirect, special, or consequential damages, costs, or losses arising from the installation or use of the purchased low-flush toilet, whether in accordance with the manufacturer' instructions or otherwise.
- All notices required by Section 29(2) of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and all other notices and consents required to comply with all applicable privacy laws.
- Customers can upgrade every eligible toilet in their home. Subject to additional terms and conditions.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have questions about any of the above, please contact email@example.com or contact customer service by calling 613-546-0000, Monday to Friday from 8 AM to 5 PM.
To apply for a rebate, use our online form.