© 2013 Paul WASH
Utilities Kingston provides customer-focused and cost-effective multi-utility services in Kingston, Ontario, including safe and reliable electricity distribution services to over 27,000 customers in Central Kingston, on behalf of Kingston Hydro.
Employees maintain and operate:
- More than 5,200 distribution poles
- Nearly 2,000 transformers that transfer and step-down electricity
- 17 distribution substations
- Approximately 1,200 underground structures that facilitate maintenance
- 361 kilometres combined of underground and overhead conductors (both 5 kV and 44 kV)
While the service area is operated by the employees of Utilities Kingston, Kingston Hydro holds the Ontario Energy Board license to distribute electricity in Central Kingston. It owns the wires, poles, transformers and meters that bring electricity from the provincial electricity transmission grid to your door, and charges OEB-approved rates designed to cover its ongoing capital and operational costs plus a reasonable deemed rate of return.
For information on Smart Meters, please visit Kingston Hydro’s Smart Meter FAQ's.
For information on electricity conservation programs and incentives, visit
Get information on Rates and Regulatory Affairs from kingstonhydro.com
View utility rates for all the services provided by Utilities Kingston.
Kingston Hydro is the Ontario Energy Board-licensed distributor of electricity in Central Kingston.