Planned Power Outage, Victoria Street
Last updated on December 05, 2018 12:51 PM
Started on December 07, 2018 09:00 AM
Estimated ended on December 07, 2018 01:00 PM (estimated 4 hours)
Alternate Start Date & Time:
December 10, 2018 09:00 AM
Transferring Electrical Service Lines
Workers will be transferring overhead electric service lines to the poles in your area on behalf of your electricity distributor, Kingston Hydro Corporation.
During this work, power may be interrupted as follows:
Weather conditions, emergencies, or other factors may prevent work from being conducted on the scheduled date forcing a postponement to an alternate date.
We apologize for any inconvenience. This work helps to ensure a reliable source of electricity to you, our customers. For more information, please call the Customer Service Centre at 613-546-0000.
Aproximate # of
1 – 50
What To Do or Expect:
Power Outage Precautions:
- Turn off all appliances that will turn on automatically when power is restored.
- Plan ahead and consider a source of
back-uppower for important building systems, including sump pumps.
- Keep a phone that does not require electricity. Cordless phones require electricity or battery backup and may not work in a power outage. Take the opportunity when you do have
powerto charge critical electronic devices such as mobile phones.
- Know the steps you can take to keep your food safe in an emergency with this information from the Canadian Food Inspection Agency.
- Use caution when using open flames. Never leave burning candles unattended, and keep them well away from kids and pets.
- Do not use a propane barbeque, camp stove or portable standby generator indoors. They can generate dangerous levels of carbon monoxide. Your carbon monoxide detector may not work in an outage.
- Know safe installation and other precautions to avoid dangers associated with generators. Review the section on portable standby generators below.
- Avoid elevators until the power has been
- Power outages mean that a number of traffic signals may not be working and travellers are reminded to treat the affected intersections as though they are four-way stops and yield to traffic on the right.
- The City of Kingston offers a helpful resource to help you and your family prepare for an emergency. Check it out on their website. We recommend that all property owners maintain a kit which includes candles, a flashlight, batteries and a
- Review these Stormy Weather Tips from the Electrical Safety Authority.
- Review this preventative information from City of Kingston Fire & Rescue on staying safe during a power outage.
The data is based on estimates and projections, and no representation is made that the posted materials are comprehensive or free from error. The outage data is provided "as is" without any guarantee or warranty of any kind, express or implied. During emergency or large outage situations, the data available may be limited, delayed, or not totally accurate because circumstances are constantly changing. Utilities Kingston does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the reliance, use, accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information.